From shooting to editing to the business of fine art photography, we will move through two days of discovering our message, creating images that reflect our voice, editing those images and learning how to sell them.
Over the course of two days, we will each plan a series, an important part of fine art photography, and create that series.
Brooke will share exercises that will help us define our photography, and everyone will have the chance to photograph their series of images. We will edit the images from day 1 and learn how to sell those images later, exploring avenues like licensing images, selling in galleries, working on commission, and more.
What you will learn:
1. How to plan and execute a series of related images that tell a story as well as translate universally.
2. How to shoot in any type of situation (lighting and location) to achieve great results.
3. How to create a cohesive set of images that buyers are likely to purchase more than one of.
4. How to transform your images in Photoshop to heighten the viewer's experience, as well as composite to make the most of a bad location.
5. How to sell your brand and images to art collectors, authors, musicians, and more.
This class is intended for anyone wanting to break into fine art photography. Fine art is the act of creating personal work, so anyone, no matter your discipline or expertise, can start anytime at no risk. The class will cater to those who want to produce a portfolio and learn how to sell those images. Learn how to express your story while hearing about the ins and outs of fine art photography.
The first day we will be shooting at a very special and historical location: Paleis Soestdijk Paleis Soestdijk is a former palace of the Dutch Royal Family. And we are going to shoot over there for approx 7 hours with models Lieke Anna Haertjens and Joy Draiki We can use rooms, the gardens and all under the professional guidance of a guide from the palace.
You can book your seat now, but be quick, there are limited places available.